Thursday, July 21, 2005

Beam Me Up, Scottie

OK, Ok... I know that way too many words have already been written about the death of "Mr Scott" of Star Trek fame, but, hey, I was in Jr High in the 60s, and later I was sort of a closet Trekkie... never owned any Spock ears or went to conventions, but watched all the re-runs and still watch re-runs of the spin-offs when I get the chance. I truly don't know much about the real man, James Doohan... but I always loved the character. He was honest, loyal, hard-working, always saw a problem as an opportunity, didn't mind holding his friends accountable, and had a sene of humor. I think many will miss Mr Scott.

It made me think about who are the people in my life with those character qualities. How about you? I've decided to make more of an effort to appreciate them now rather than just missing them when they're gone.

Well, better go... time for a run before it gets too hot.

No comments: