Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Family

Ever had one of those moments when the thoughts of your family... with all the warts and issues and good times and special memories all wrapped up together... just warmed your heart all the way through? I've been feeling that the last couple of days. Our grandson, Kaleb, is spending about 3 weeks with us... OK, OK... I know what you're thinking... something like, "Well, duh, of course! He's your grandson!" And you're right, but that's not the whole thing. I think that with the wedding... friends visiting... Kaleb coming... Virginia's mom coming for a visit... 13 year old twins staying with us while their folks are on a mission trip... I've just been shaken out of my routine enough to remember how rich I am... what a real blessing it is to have a wife who truly loves me in-spite-of and so many other relationships that are so rich and deep. I'm thankful for all of them! And I pray that I won't let routine obscure that truth once all the current visits and travels have disappeared over the horizon.

No comments: