Thursday, July 14, 2005

Yawn...stretch!

Having a young grandson around the house certainly adds some spice to all our routines... actually it pretty much changes every routine. Another thing having Kaleb with us has done is to allow us to experience many of those little things we had totally fogotten about. Of course, one of those is reading with him at bedtime. Since Jeremy is now 25, it's been some time since we did that with him or Jennifer, and we're relishing that time with Kaleb. One really cool thing is that he likes to read the books to us as much as he ejnoys us reading to him. He sure reads well for six!!

Well, this morning we had one of those experiences I'd forgotten all about. It was early... not sure what time... Virginia was up (of course)... I was in bed still. The door to our room opened, and she brought Kaleb in crying very loudly about his ankle hurting; she put him on the bed... trying to console him... rubbing his foot. And me... not much help... just trying to clear the cobwebs from my head. It seems he had slept with his leg under him and his foot had gone to sleep. Pretty painful, but after a few minutes it started to feel better, and Virginia left us both in the bed where Kaleb squirmed and twisted and climbed my back until I suggested it might be time for him to get up. After he went downstairs I lay there for awhile and thought what a blessing it is to have him with us these 3 weeks.

After a bit I got up and went downstairs. Kaleb was working on subtraction... but that's another story.

No comments: