Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Achilles Update

Well, almost a week with the cast off now, and my recovery seems to be on schedule. I've been up and about on it more the last few days, so there has been some ankle puffiness. My doc told me to get some knee-high support socks to wear, and that is helping. While putting it on, I have to admit I thought of my mother-in-law.

My mom has reminded me that this healing may go slowly... that I'm not as young as I used to be... that I should be patient. She's right, and it got me thinking about aging... something that happens to each one of us... at least to some point. Recently someone told me, "Getting old isn't for sissies." Most of us can probably identify with that. Yet, I wonder just what's so different about getting older today than it's always been. Hmmm...

Here's a quote from Groucho Marx that may be the final word, "Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long enough."

No comments: