Thursday, May 15, 2008

One Week

Today I am one week post-op, and things seem to be progressing as they are supposed to. My main problem is that I'm really tired of being a slug... I mean, I enjoy watching movies and reading and working on my laptop, all from my recliner, but enough is enough!! I'm really looking forward to no crutches, using both legs, getting out of the house... those simple pleasures.

I emailed my doc (one of the great things about Kaiser), and he told me I could get out some, work at a desk with my leg in a chair, basically allowing pain to be my guide. That was good news... I think I'll spend at least some time in the office next week.

Today the pain level has diminished another notch... sort of feels like a wound that is healing instead of one that is raw. That bodes well for being both at church Sunday and in the office some next week.

One week from today that cast comes off and a boot goes on... looking forward to that.

Here's one of my new favorite pictures of Claire to close. I just can't believe how expressive she is... and about the cutest thing anywhere!!

No comments: