Thursday, August 11, 2005

2 Wheeling

One of the things I really like about living in Antioch is that I can easily ride my bike most any time. The climate is conducive, and the area is super "bike friendly" with bike lanes and paved trails everywhere. When we were in Houston, my bike just hung on hooks in the garage most of the 13+ years we lived there. The streets were narrow... no bike lanes anywhere... way too humid to even think about commuting via bike (although I'm sure some do it if they have shower access at work). I think mountain bikers did OK, but I'm sort of a casual road biker, and I just never got into it in Houston.

Today my calf was a little sore, so instead of a run I climbed on my bike and road fairly hard for an hour. Got a good workout without further irritating the calf. Yea!! It was pretty warm, but riding stirs a breeze, so it wasn't bad, and this time I chose a route that had minimal hills. My legs knew they had been on a ride but didn't have that "beat up" feeling I get from running on pavement.

I guess days like today are just one more blessing from the God who created it all and loves us so much.

No comments: