Thursday, August 25, 2005

Thursday!

Today was a strange day. First, it's my "day off," so I ususlly don't go into the office... didn't today either. Due to the wonders of technology... laptop and wireless and cell phone... I can do lots of stuff at home, however today there wasn't too much to do from home. So, what made it strange? Nothing specific... sort of how it all came together.

I met Randy at the trail head for a hill run at 8:00. As usual, he killed me, but I finished. The weather was nice and cool, and I enjoy running with Randy... except we usually do that on Saturday. Actually, we ARE doing it again Saturday.

I shampooed the carpet in the family room... needed it. I had started the laundry like I usually do, but because the carpet was wet, I just turned the fan on high, grabbed the book I'm reading and headed for the new Peet's for some coffee and reading. That was really nice.

I decided to go by Kohl's, looking for some cargo shorts. Bought socks and a couple of polo shirts that were on sale... 60% off I think. Got home with the shirts only to discover a HUGE flaw on the front of one... I was mad... that one's gotta go back. How in the world do I try on a shirt... look in a mirror... and NOT see that HOLE IN THE SHIRT??!!? I guess I'll be at Kohl's tomorrow.

Virginia fixed a great omelet for dinner, then we went to Best Buy to pick up the computer speakers for her computer that they were supposed to have delivered several days ago. When we came home, we decided to go for a walk... changed shoes... about to go out the door... Marla called, "You guys wanna go for ice cream?" Now, that's a good way to end a different sort of day... a trip to ConeHeads with friends. :-)

Tomrrow our second youth minister candidate and his wife are flying in for a weekend with us at Eastside. I pray that God will be glorified through our search process and the decisions we make.

1 comment:

Karen said...

ConeHeads, huh? Great name for an ice cream joint!

Sounds like you had a good day. Hope we see you tomorrow night; a lot depends on when Brian gets home from work.