Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Tires and Two Tickers

This afternoon I took my 96 Camry in to get the tires rotated at America's Tire. I buy my tires from that chain basically because the prices are good and they'll rotate and balance them free every 8K miles. You see, I'm pretty much a cheapskate... always looking for the "bargain." While I don't always make the wisest choice, I've always been treated right at America's Tire (Discount Tire in TX). Well, I told 'em what I needed, and the guy came out with me to look at the tires. He quickly pointed out to me what I should have seen for myself... all 4 tires down to the wear bar, and one of them showing some secondary rubber. Sooo... my tire rotation turned into 4 new tires; but at least I got a good price... I think... and I can get them rotated free in 8K miles.

The clock in my office at church runs... it just runs slow. As a result it's really dangerous to look at it... it fools you because it's running... but it's WRONG! So, while I was waiting on my tires, I walked to a Hospice Thrist Store in a center across from the tire shop and found a clock with a little character for 3 bucks. It runs... time will tell :-) if it's accurate.

This morning one of our members called the office to let us know that she had taken her husband to Kaiser Walnut Creek Sunday afternoon with rapid heart beat. I called a bit later to talk with Bob, and found out that he had started feeling it Saturday, and by Sunday his familly had convinced him to go get it checked out. Sooo... he's waiting for them to get his heart beat down so they can run some tests to see what the problem is. The neat thing is we have a small army of people praying for Bob and standing ready to help in any way possible. Praise God for that!

No comments: