Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Stark Reality

The last two days the various TV news shows and web sites have given us more windows through which to view Katrina's devastation than I really care to look. Yet, I keep looking... the scattered buildings... the flooding... the people who are so broken in so many ways by this tragedy. This is no TV disaster drama with a hopeful ending as the sun sets... this is stark, naked reality for all of those people. I am so glad I and my family were not in Katrina's path, that our lives were not dismantled like so many others were... and part of me feels guilty for those feelings.

What can I do? I can pray... perhaps with a new fervency. I can give... we're having a special contribution on the 18th. I can remember that there are other hurting people in this world... some of them right here in Antioch, CA.

No comments: