Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Who Am I?

This Sunday Peter Wilson is going to be our guest worship leader at Eastside. He and Jarrod go way back to Junior High days when they were best friends, and that relationship has continued through the years. Their dads are really good friends at the East County Church in Portland. As well, Pete is good friends with our son Jeremy... they sang in Won by One together as undergrads (www.pepperdine.edu/churchrelations/wbo/)
and still sing together in True Lift (www.truelift.com).
All of that to say that Pete is pretty special to us as well.

Anyway, Pete and Lindsey Morgan will be in Fresno Saturday for Micah and Erica's wedding, so they're coming up to Antioch after the wedding to be with us Sunday. When we worked it all out, Jarrod said he for sure wanted Pete to sing his and Jeremy's arrangement of "Who Am I" to set up the sermon. I guess I'm letting the cat out of the bag a bit here, so any Eastside readers just have something to look forward to.

To be honest, I was a little nervous about our praise team learning the backgrounds well, but I gave everyone the music a while back, and tonight it came together surprisingly well. Jarrod even stood in for Pete on lead as we worked on it. Amazing... can preach like that and sing too. :-)

Please just pray that the message of that song will touch and soften our hearts Sunday morning, preparing each one to be shaped by the message of Mark 8 that Jarrod will share.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm looking forward to it. Sure was fun working through it tonight!

Rick J said...

I agree... it was a kick... and I had a blast singing bass for a switch! VJ said you picked up the low part really quick. Thanks! See ya Sunday!